23 February 2021
UNESCO Almaty Office is seeking for a specialist to develop and strengthen the communication aspects of programme and project activities of the UNESCO Natural Sciences unit.Scope of Work and Tasks
• Develop the Natural Sciences unit’s communication plan in accordance with the UNESCO Almaty office communications strategy and the unit’s workplan, and update on its progress through monthly reports;
• Identify relevant media partners, prepare the list of media (with contact details) interested in coverage of Natural Sciences-related activities with the engagement plan for a long-term partnership;
• Develop information sheets on Natural Sciences programme priority areas and activities, which includes texts editing, developing graphic design and producing the layout;
• Coordinate and ensure day-to-day awareness raising on Natural Sciences unit’s activities through the UNESCO website and social media by drafting and publishing announcements, news items, stories, newsletters and other communication related materials related to the programme;
• Develop a short video about the Adaptation fund-UNESCO project on glacier lakes outburst floods (3-5 minutes long). This includes working with the project document, recording interviews, collection and compilation of archive records, as well as voiceover;
• Liaise with and provide inputs as necessary to the Adaptation fund-UNESCO project partners, involved in communication-related aspects;
• Coordinate, oversee and facilitate the communication related activities with the Natural sciences unit team.
The tasks are to be carried out over a period of three months between March-May 2021, with possibility of extension (type of contract to be determined).
• Minimum 3 years of experience in communications, public advocacy, marketing, PR or other relevant fields at international, regional or national level;
• Prior experience in developing successful communication strategies and plans, promotion materials, media engagement plans, preferably for international organizations (experience in the UN system is desirable);
• Knowledge and understanding of Central Asia and UNESCO’s program areas;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Russian and English;
• Computer literacy:
o practical experience in CorelDraw (or any other software for vector graphic design);
o practical experience in Photoshop (or any other raster data processing);
o practical experience in Adobe Premier (or any other video processing software).
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, 1 March 2021.
• The title of the letter must contain the vacancy title, surname and first name of the candidate in English - Communication specialist: [Name] [Surname]
• CVs and motivation letter must be provided in English language and include your contact details (mobile, email);
• All documents must be submitted in PDF format and have the following titles: Lastname.CV, Lastname.Motivation.