31 March 2019
The 3rd edition of the Site Managers Forum will take place in Baku, from 26 June to 4 July 2019, with some days including Committee discussions on SOC.The theme for this year is “Towards Sustainable Heritage Management”.
The main themes, which will be proposed are as follows:
- Principles and Objectives of the World Heritage Convention
- Methodologies and Tools of Monitoring of World Heritage
- Integration of a sustainable development perspective into the processes of the World Heritage Convention
- Management systems and management plans
- Management Effectiveness Assessment for World Heritage properties
- Climate Change adaptation at heritage sites
- World Heritage and Sustainable tourism
- Networking and information sharing.
The language of the Forum will be English.
The Forum will take place at the WH Committee Venue
The Host Country has allocated funds to cover the participation of 20 Site Managers from LDCs and/or SIDS countries.
The deadline to apply is 26 April 2019 at midnight (Paris time).
Detailed information and application forms may be found here: https://whc.unesco.org/en/events/1477
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/site-managers-forum-2019