7 August 2019
The Global Alliance for Partnerships on Media and Information Literacy (GAPMIL) Youth Committee with support of UNESCO and SIDA is calling for Youth Ambassadors as part of its strategies to operationalize the Youth Committee globally.The Youth Ambassadors represent the GAPMIL Youth Committee. They are champions of Media and Information Literacy (MIL) from all regions of the world with a mandate to advance the global MIL agenda.
Youth Ambassadors act in the interest of the GAPMIL Youth Committee and coordinate activities in their regions as well as at the national and international level. The GAPMIL Youth Ambassadors are selected base on UNESCOís regional structure (Africa, Arab States, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean).
Criteria for selection of Youth Ambassadors:
- Demonstrate a strong desire to help promote information, media, and technology competencies and create innovative ways of engaging young people in the realization of MIL initiatives.
- Be passionate about empowering of citizens with knowledge and skills to be able to interact with information and media critically.
- Must possess talent in diverse fields in arts, sciences, literature, entertainment, sport or fields of public life to be able to contribute to the achievements of GAPMIL goals
- Must be conversant with the goals and activities of GAPMIL and possess the willingness to connect, collaborate, exchange, and broaden the work of GAPMIL.
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility and leadership qualities to initiate, coordinate, and implement activities related to the development of media and information literacy.
- Demonstrate the commitment and proven potential to reach out to citizens, especially youth and children.
Possess the personality and dignity required to advocate for MIL globally, demonstrate personal influence in their communities concerning MIL and skills for inclusive and innovative leadership.
- Must be affiliated to an organization or youth organization like NGOs, print/broadcasting unions/ associations and journalistsí associations, public and private institutions, or similar others.
- Demonstrate awareness of MIL development and related issues in their communities/regions and globally.
- Willingness to actively advocate for MIL enhancement on a local and global level and to take action.
- Applicants must have the ability to work in cooperation with other Youth Ambassadors; within a more extensive global network, and with the GAPMIL Youth Committee.
Eligibility for Selection of GAPMIL Youth Ambassador:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 Ė 30.
- Applicants must be able to communicate in English.
Membership of Youth Ambassadors must be gender-balanced, having 50 % of female and 50% male.
GAPMIL Youth Ambassadors will serve a fixed period of two years. At the end of their term, They could seek renewal of service based on commitment and performance.
Selection Committee will select 14 Youth Ambassadors.
Due to the high number of applicants we have received so far from Africa, the GAPMIL committee has extended the deadline to August 8th, 2019.
Youths from Arab Regions, Asia-Pacific, Caribbean, and Latin America, Europe, and North America strongly advised to apply.
Fill in the Application form here.